Hello our dear Android users!
Below you will find a beta build of our brand new, fully redesigned RunKeeper 3.0 App for Android.
This app includes:
• A visual redesign created with Android guidelines in mind
• In-activity splits displaying your pace per mile/km or workout interval
• A ‘Me’ tab that pulls together your goal progress, personal records, and activity tallies into one convenient place
• Enhanced audio cues
•In-app reminders you can schedule for the next time you want to work out
There are also a few known bugs that users are currently experiencing:
• Pop-up notifications can be difficult to read (Android version 2.3)
• App crash when viewing the training plan schedule (Android version 2.3)
• RunKeeper Elite users can’t turn on live tracking from the app (can still do it from the web)
• Current split can have the wrong label while tracking an activity
• After saving activity, time and avg pace show 0’s (backing out of the activity and clicking in again will refresh with the correct data)
• The Me tab is missing previous week data on the initial app load
We’re trying hard to squash these, but please let us know if you encounter anything else! And please provide us as much information as you can (via the comments section below) about the steps you take to reproduce it. If you are a developer, feel free to use developer tools to generate bug reports and send them over to us at email@example.com.
There’s lots that is new in this app, so be sure to poke around quite a bit!
Now for the fun part! To install the beta:
1) Go to application settings and allow installation from unknown sources
2) Click the button below from Android browser to get the new APK.
We would also love to hear more broadly about how the RunKeeper app has played a part in your personal fitness journeys! To share these (via stories, poems, video, pictures, or whatever you prefer) you can e-mail our community team here. We look forward to hearing these, and some may end up on the blog in the coming weeks!