There are good runs, great runs, tough runs, rough runs, rewarding runs, effortless runs, bad runs, mediocre runs, and runs that are so terrible they make you want to crawl in a ball and cry. But even the worst run is often better than no run at all! Whether you’re a new runner or a Boston Strong marathoner, all runners are happiest when they’re running! Don’t believe me? Here are 15 feelings all runners live for…
1. Going for a run after a really, really, really bad day.
2. Making new friends who love to run.
3. The feeling you get when you run further than you’ve ever run before.
4. Whenever you use “just” or “only” before how many miles you ran.
5. Getting brunch after a really long run.
6. Taking a bath after a really rough run.
7. The rush you get when you register for a new race.
8. The feeling you get when you walk into a race expo.
9. Standing in your starting corral right before the gun goes off.
10. Finding your friends and family members cheering for you on race day.
11. The moment you realize you’re going to PR.
12. The moment you cross the finish line and actually PR.
13. The feeling you get when someone puts that post race beer in your hand.
14. Reviewing your race day photos and finding a picture perfect finish line photo.
15. Getting into bed after a really hard or exhausting run.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! What’s your favorite part about running? Leave it in the comments below or tweet them to @Runkeeper! Happy running!