As you get more into your running, knowing how to eat right and fuel yourself can be a tough thing to figure out.
Luckily energy and electrolytes can come in small convenient packages! Health Warrior bars are chock full of chia (a superfood) and nuun hydration tablets help you get back the electrolytes you lose through sweating. Chia and electrolytes may seem small, but they can have a big impact on your running. Read on!
Chia is more than just a seed—it’s a superfood that supplies your body with clean energy all day. A serving contains:
- 1,000mg OMEGA-3 (good for cell & tissue growth)
- 3g PROTEIN (needed for muscle recovery)
- 4g FIBER (manages weight, cholesterol, & more)
Chia earned the name “runner’s food” by powering the Tarahumara Indians on their legendary long-distance runs. The Aztecs were big fans too (hence the name Health Warrior).
Reach the ideal level of hydration by replenishing the electrolytes lost in your sweat. Simply add a nuun tablet to your water to make every drop count. Here’s how the tablets benefit runners:
- They replenish electrolytes like sodium and potassium (without them you may experience muscle cramping and fatigue. Nobody needs that!)
- They speed absorption of nutrients(thanks to the fizzy formula)
- They nourish naturally (with plant-based ingredients)
Oh, and all nuun products are gluten, dairy, and soy free and are made of clean ingredients you can feel good about.